SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

the truth about chocolate cake

Monday, August 18, 2014


This blog sure claims to cover the topic of chocolate cake, but really, when's the last time we talked about it? 
I can't remember either. 
The truth about chocolate cake is that if I was stranded on a desert island (or a dessert island) and could only bring one thing with me, chocolate cake would be it. Maybe you're thinking, But Heather! What about the milk?! And believe me, I hear you. But I'm afraid I just can't live without my cake. 
When I lived in Oregon, my college roommate and I used to go on weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) Cake Dates. We would ride our bikes out to this gourmet grocery store that turned out to have the best chocolate cake in town. I say this with full confidence as I made a point to try every single bakery within a ten mile radius of my apartment. Their cake was conveniently pre-sliced and packaged in individual clear boxes. Like true cake connoisseurs, we would examine every single box before picking out our piece. Like a couple of rats.
There are three things that make for a great cake, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
1. Not too much frosting.
The culprits of Too Much Frosting are often found in the cake aisle of your local Albertsons. The way to tell if there's too much is to stick your entire fist into the cake and see if there's any actual cake on your hand when you pull it back out. 
2. Moistness 
I don't use the word 'moist' unless I absolutely have to because we all know how unpleasant it is. But who wants a dry cake??? 
3. Size
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they slice their cake. Nothing blows my mind more than to watch someone cut a piece of cake that's thinner than a piece of paper. I mean really. Go big or go home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger