SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

beauty soup | morning routines

Monday, December 8, 2014


One of my favorite things to see on the subway is women putting on their makeup.
Without being a (total) creep, I love to watch the whole process - what kind of bag they keep their products in, what shade of lipstick they choose, how they apply their blush. I always like to know how other people do things. Why does she pick that brand? Should I try blue eyeshadow too? (No) Who taught her how to put mascara on while riding a moving train? I'm that friend that comes over to your house and wants to peek inside your medicine cabinet just to see what kind of soap you buy.
(I never said I wasn't kind of a creep)
Putting on makeup (or, as my grandma used to say, "putting your face on") is such a personal thing. I know very little about makeup and I wear even less. Mascara, liner, and usually a quick dash of lipstick. Ba da bing! Most of what I know about "beauty" I've copied from all the women in my life. I don't buy magazines, I just look around and see what all my ladies are doing. I buy the same foundation as my aunt because she has great skin. I have a rough idea of where I'm supposed to put blush because my best friend is the Makeup Whisperer. My cousin always has Burt's Bees in her bag, so naturally I went out and bought Burt's Bees (and army pants and flip flops). 
While normally I like to march to the beat of my own Italian ukelele, when it comes to beauty routines I have more of a monkey-see monkey-do attitude. And now for my burning question! What's your beauty routine? Who'd you learn your tricks from?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger