SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

a new york minute

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ta da! My latest and greatest idea!
Guys, my blogging record is seriously slacking. You know it and I know it. Since I can only seem to find one minute every day to do any actual writing, I've decided to make the most of it. So behold! A New York Minute: one-minute (true) stories set in New York City. Chosen carefully, written quickly.
- - -
Silent Monsters
Despite my best efforts, for the past few mornings I keep accidentally getting on the same train car as this asshole. For the purpose of this story, I'll call him Mr. A. It keeps happening because I never remember what he looks like. I'm too distracted by the fact that he is a grown man with a GameBoy. A grown man who plays a GameBoy on a public train ON FULL VOLUME. You cannot imagine the fury that brews inside every passenger when someone has the audacity to play their music - or their goddamn GameBoy - loud enough for other people to hear. I usually spend 0.5 seconds being concerned about their eardrums, and then move on to full-fledged rage. Of course, for all of us it is a silent rage. For an entire 45 minutes, we all sat there in our orange and yellow seats, roaring past 96th street and 72nd street, desperately trying to burn holes into Mr. A's back with our eyes. How dare he! How rude! Can't he see I'm trying to read here? Everyone hated him for disturbing their morning commute, but not one of us dared to say a single word. No one complained. Nobody asked him to turn the volume down. We just went about our routines like nothing was wrong, quietly fuming like little silent monsters. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger