SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

what's on your desk?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014


Something I'm getting used to at my new job is sitting at a desk.
In all the jobs I've had in the past, I've always been on my feet. My very first job was working as an art instructor at one of those paint-your-own-pottery stores (it was kind of the best job ever). I listened to Norah Jones all day and ran around making sure none of the kids ate paint or stuck anything up their nose. In college, I hopped back and forth between different bakeries & cafes. As nice as it would have been to make bread and cappuccinos while sitting on a couch, my shifts were always spent on the move.

Now, a good part of my day is spent behind a desk (don't get me wrong, it's a great desk). The only real downside is that I have terrible posture, so by the end of the day I come home looking like a troll - all hunched over and bent in half. J has been threatening to tape a board to my spine so that I'll learn to sit up straight. (It's a work in progress)

The upside to having a desk is getting to decorate the desk (obviously!). Right now my desk is pretty bare. The only thing it has to show for itself is a jar of pens and a few lonely paper clips. It needs some serious TLC. Naturally, I plan on magically transforming it overnight into something like this or this or this. Since this is where I'll be spending most of my time, I might as well make it pretty - agreed? Agreed.

Any suggestions? What's on your desk?

01 | 02 | 03 | 04

9 comments:

  1. towards the end of my two years at a desk job, my desk basically become a shelf for snacks and more snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a framed picture, a terrarium, a dictionary, and a bottle of agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My desk looks pretty similar to the second photo. I like to have lots of inspiring things to look at so I have a massive collection of items hanging above my desk. As for what's on my desk, I just have a lamp, lots of pens, markers, paintbrushes and my computer. I don't like a lot of clutter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a paper TARDIS on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work for a company that doesn't allow any personal items on our desk so at the moment, mine is literally just my computer monitors, keyboard, mouse & some chocolate! I'd love to have a lovely decorated desk one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, organizing desks! so fun. on mine, I've got ceramic pots with lids to hide clutter. I hold my loose change & random hair clips in ceramic jars that my cousin made. they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely get a little plant! Maybe a cactus or one of those mini succulents. Those tiny candles are also amazing, especially to relieve stress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DREAM of my desk looking like that first photo! But unfortunately I need like seven in trays for my job and it makes it very hard to decorate. (Silly work getting in the way of my desk decorating...) Still have some little succulents though, and plenty of pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photos are so minimal, love it !

    ReplyDelete

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger