SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

i know absolutely nothing about weddings

Wednesday, September 17, 2014


The last time I went to a wedding I was 15 and I was the photographer. My favorite cousin was getting married (am I allowed to say that?) and for some unfathomable reason, she trusted me with a camera. It was  the best and most terrifying day of my life. The time before that, I was 4 and I was the flower girl but I'm not sure that really counts as "going to a wedding". Does anything you did before you were 5 really count? 
J & I are going to a wedding this weekend and so marks my first wedding as a plain old guest! I am both excited and - apparently - wildly unprepared. Here are some questions I've been asking J throughout the week that have undoubtedly been annoying him and causing him to question my womanliness: 
"What 's a reception?"
"Am I allowed to wear a strapless dress in a church?" 
"How long does it last?"
" I don't understand. Do we change clothes for the reception?"
"Are there assigned seats?"
"Can I wear pants?"
My wedding knowledge is clearly lacking so I plan to use this weekend to stock up on all sorts of Do's and Don'ts. In the meantime, I'll be taking tips from my favorite wedding guide of all time i.e. storing cake in my purse, hiding a friend in my dress, and packing plenty of glitter.
What do YOU know about weddings? Please do tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger