SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

the best quote i've heard all week

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


I don't know about you, but I remember Elementary school pretty clearly.
Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure I was one of the cool kids. I wore Jellies, was an Overalls Enthusiast, and from first to fourth grade, I rode my Razor scooter to school every day and wore a helmet that was roughly 3x bigger than my head. #noregretz
If one thing's for sure about my glory days, it's that I felt infinitely cooler strutting around the playground if I had my gang of girlfriends nearby. I recently stumbled upon this quote - scribbled on the mirror in a restaurant bathroom - and have decided that it's the best quote ever. Well. The best quote I've heard all week at least

"Walk like you have three men walking behind you." 

The feminist in me shouldn't be as fond of this quote as I am. Walk with twenty women behind you, why dontcha?!!? Nevertheless, my posture and power walk have improved immensely in the past 24 hours. I've been strutting around like a superhero all day. There's something about traveling in a pack (or pretending to travel in a pack) that really makes you feel like you can lift a ton of bricks over your head and breathe fire and stuff.
Granted, I have absolutely nothing that even resembles a pack in NYC. I have two kittens! Does that count?
I think I'll start adopting random subway riders/pedestrians as my posse. They will unknowingly transform me into Wonder Woman when I walk to get groceries and pick up the mail. 
Who's with me?
photo via Gordon Parks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger