oh october. sweet, sweet october. it's here. it's finally here!
aside from chocolate cake and julia roberts, october is easily my favorite thing on earth (november and december, too). everything is instantly better once this time of year rolls around. the weather, the clothes, the food. the trees. the coffee. the socks. the colors. and the people! don't people seem a little bit happier today? (or is that just me?)
all i want to do is watch 'you've got mail' and light candles and eat pumpkin pie.
with all of its magical autumn-y powers, october somehow manages to make music sound better, too. so in the spirit of falling leaves and cozy sweaters, here is a playlist to get you ready for fall.
01. i'll be seeing you - billie holiday
02. gold in the air of summer - kings of convenience
03. moon river - the innocence mission
04. please, please let me get what i want - she & him
05. don't know why - norah jones
06. simple life - the weepies
07. youth - daughter
08. georgia on my mind - ray charles
09. just for now - imogen heap
10. the predatory wasp of the palisades - sufjan stevens
11. question - old 97s
12. these arms of mine - otis redding
13. hold on - the gospel whiskey runners
for easy listening, click here to listen on spotify.