SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Happy Friday

Friday, April 19, 2013


Happy Friday, friends!

I would like to announce that I had cake for breakfast this morning. That's right! Cake for breakfast. Last week I celebrated my 21st birthday and in the spirit of celebrating, my boss (of all people!) made me this monstrous birthday cake.

When I say monstrous, I mean it. This was probably a 10-15lb cake, you guys. Three layers of chocolate ganache, walnuts, and more chocolate. Mmmmm. I tried to give as much of it away at my party as  I could, but even after feeding 15 friends, there's still half a cake in my fridge. Just sitting there. Looking all beautiful and chocolatey. (Do I sound crazy yet?) So instead of tossing it in the trash, I decided to keep the celebration going a little longer. It's not every day that your birthday cake is made by a professional, you know. 

So voila! Cake for breakfast, party of one. Happy Friday indeed.

Here are a few of my favorite bits & pieces
 from around the web this week:
(as inspired by Joanna Goddard)


2. Jennifer Lawrence being named one of Time's 100 Most Influential People

3. This strawberry salad.

4. Everything about Tinge Floral.

5. All these New York City pins.


Happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. oh.my.gosh. that cake looks amazing! if i had something that delicious sitting in my fridge, i would definitely eat it for breakfast every day. happy belated birthday! aaaand happy friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: it's really hard to go eat my afternoon snack of carrots now. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful cake!

    for a long time, i wanted to become a professional baker and i would be lying if i said i still don't think about it from time and time again.

    casey x
    http://kerahjames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'd love cake for breakfast, especially at such a lovely occasion as it is your 21st! a little cake never hurts <3

    P.S. Check out my Outfit post at Fashion Week Sydney!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy happy birthday!
    that cake looks insane. I'm so glad you got to celebrate in a kind of extravagant way. it's so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly an amazing cake! And a day can only be great if you have cake for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

House of H All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger